Search This Blog

Thursday 30 August 2012

Deathwing hoooooooo

I've got 3 squads if deathwing terminators to do so here's the first squad almost finished (barring the crux terminatus pads). I decided to go with regular marine helmets rather than the termy ones as I think that they just look cooler and I didn't have any termy powerfist arms, only the deathwing ones from the upgrade sprus so I had to do some cutting and splicing and dicing of the deathwing sword arms I had and some marine powerfist  arms and voila; instant terminator powerfist arms with a bit more character to them. Now hopefully when my other 10 terminator legs and torsos arrive from eBay I'll have a squad of powerclaw termies and a squad of thunder hammer & storm shield termies. My buddy Carl us letting me dive into his bits box tomorrow for termy arms :-). God I love that guy.

So here's the first squad (before primer and paint)

Let me know what you think so far.





4 comments:

  1. that looks like it will be a really interesting and individual termie squad. Good work with the power fists and is that a double bolter into storm bolter conversion I can see...

    Whats the plan for paint? standard colours or something more unique?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob, yeah I ran out of storm bolter arms so I went with what I had plus I wanted to kind of stay with the fluff for my angels but that's for a future post ;-). I'm going to paint them the same as the troops but with one bone coloured pad, same as my ravenwing, they're going the same but with a black pad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work of the conversions! I would never have thought of that!

    The guy with the flamer is my favourite, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ieuan, putting these guys together was a real blast, hopefully ill have the other 2 squads put together shortly, unfortunately I haven't been able to get any close combat arms for them but have acquired some shooty ones. I think I'm going to scour my bits box to see if I've got anything I can make some thunder hammers from :-)

    ReplyDelete