Search This Blog

Sunday 16 October 2011

Chaplain Cypher - The finished Article


Oh bloody hell its been a while, but at last here is my Cypher model transformed into a chaplain for my Dark Angels 2nd founding all finished and painted up.

The idea behind using Cypher is, since he only ever shows up on a battle field momentarily (and the fact hes been taken out the chaos codex) is he is searching for his lost primarch. Hence the reason he carries The Lions sword around with him at all times. To be honest with you ive just decided whilst writing this that that is the story behind The Archangels...........Ha-Ha its funny how things pan out isnt it. Cypher disappeared with Johnsons sword so that no-one else could wield it in battle apart from rightful owner - The Lion. Rather than a chaos warband of marines led by him, the Archangels are the loyalists who were in the wrong place at the wrong time when the chaos gods banished the fallen throughout time and space. The Archangels learned of the Dark Angels 1st company primary mission of hunting down the fallen and making them repent for their sins against The Emperor and The Lion. The Archangels made it their primary mission to make sure that The Dark Angels achieve this without realising that they are being helped so that one day they will meet their primarch once again and clear their name and re-unite all the brothers of Calliban.

So as usual comments are very welcome as i need the criticism or praise.......... your choice.

So till next time ...............Oorah







4 comments:

  1. I like it! Good work. You definitely know a lot more about the 40K lore than I do. It's always good when you can incorporate that.

    At this point, I'm just tring to get an army together with which I can play! I do have plans for future iterations, though... I do have plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. The fluff and lore are a big thing for me as that's how I got into the hobby about 4 years ago it so. So when I'm converting my characters I find myself having to justify why they look like they do and have the weapons they have. I know this means squat to anyone else who sees my models but it means something to me and after all its my army....... God why do I have to be this way ........... But it was easy with cypher as the back story was already there, I just had to add the chaplain part, and besides, who dosnt like chaplains? They're like the punisher in power armour ;-)

      Delete
    2. Oh and by the way what are you working on, it sounds like you have big plans ............. Good plans

      Delete
    3. I do, but if I actually pursued those plans at this stage, I would be putting the cart before the horse. I eventually want to create a Gue'vesa force. I know what I want to use and the modifications I would have to make. I really want to create something that hasn't been seen before. Something I could integrate into my Tau army or use on its own.

      I have a lot to learn before I plunge into that effort. Namely, I need playing experience. I haven't been able to play any meaningful games yet because I haven't had enough units, painted or otherwise to fill out a Tau Force Org. chart. I'll get to the other stuff later, but I will be doing what I need to do for now.

      Delete