Search This Blog

Monday 13 June 2011

Hi all this is my first Blog so as James said please be gentle...




Ok so Ginger kid (James) keeps asking, nay PESTERING, me to post on his blog and has asked me to start by talking about my current project. We are all avid gamers who play many different systems (mostly all of the Workshop Stuff) and at present we are starting up some GorkaMorka. As I am already an Ork player with a small little Waaagh!!! of my own (6,000pts including my three Stompas and Skullhamma) it was a chance for me to essentially convert my own little Trukk Boyz squad...

So to start with this is my first post - 'Da Boyz Ride'

You may wonder why I have decided to start with my vehicle instead of my theme etc but to be honest the short answer is that I really struggled to decide on my final idea and as such have bought many parts and haven't finalised what is and isn't being used as of yet. Although it will however become apparent very quickly the theme I am leaning towards that will be a tale for another time.

So to begin on my ride. After a good read through 'Da Rulez' I decided that for a loss of 1"per thruster use but the ability to traverse difficult terrain without penalty and a saving of 25% (5 Teef) I would be using a bunch of Trakk's. Not wanting to stick with the conventional Workshop kit, which also ruled out the Forge World uprade kits this left me wanting to use the Forge World Big Trakk however in the intrest of making a cheaper option I travelled to my local ModelZone in search of a nice and appropriate scale half track model.


This is what I found....





So then began the WIP Trakk. I wanted to give the Trakk a recycled yet 'Improved' Ork feel to it so I decided to build the kit complete without the skeletons of course.




What a great kit I was worried that 1/24 may have been a little too big but I think its perfect, afterall bigger is better as far as 'Da Ladz is cuncerned'. So the Spannerz started by adding some, ok lots, of armour plates all over the chasis (cardboard super glued in to place) then they added a few mesh strips and some plastic glyphs from the Trukk kit. To finish off I used thick card to box of the wheel arches and hey presto.....




However it just still wasn't thrilling me, it was still too clean and shiny and new. So back to the workshop it was. I trebled the number of armour plates and added more mesh. Also as I have three Stompas already I had plenty of spare extra glyphs and a belly plate which I decided would become my new bonnet. As I loved the Iron Cross head lights I decided to use one as an eye patch for the skull bonnet. The last few additions were yet more glyphs and a few point bits...




Then finally one last view from another angle....






So far she is dubbed - 'Da Iron Rod'


More pictures to follow with colour and crew...

No comments:

Post a Comment